Monday, October 6, 2008

Sore and tired

I completed the San Jose Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon. I have a new PR of just slightly over 2 hours, beating my last PR by 2 minutes. I was hoping for under 2 hours but just didn't have it in me to get there. My running partner got food poisoning so I ended up running with her husband A. It was good to have someone setting a pace for me or I don't know what I would've finished at. When I first got the phone call at 7am I thought to myself, I haven't run by myself in a race (tri's excluded) in years. I've always had a friend or my husband with me. But A came through and helped me pace myself for the first 9+ miles. Then I started to fade so I told him to take off. He finished in just under 2 hours. If only I could have kept up with him I may have achieved my goal. Oh well, guess next time.

No comments: