Friday, October 10, 2008

Caltrain

This week I've attempted to take Caltrain to work again. It's been 2 years since I've commuted on the train. I stopped when I had my daughter. I just didn't see how I could drop her off at daycare and still ride the train. What made me change my mind? It's the stupid back to school traffic. My commute is only about 11 miles and it normally takes 20 minutes (no traffic) but now it's jumped to 30-40 min. Sucky! So I'm trying it this month to see how it works. I drive to my daughter's daycare, drop her off then drive to the station to take the train. It's a little backtracking but so far so good.
It makes me feel good riding the train again. I feel like I live in a big city, I feel like I'm helping the environment. Hopefully I can keep it up for a while. Of course, I decide to do this train thing when it's getting into winter.

No comments: