Saturday, March 22, 2014

Resolutions: I keep on making them.

I know, it's 2014 but I want to recap on my 2013 resolutions.
Here they are:
1) Run 700 miles in 2013.
2) Complete 3 family photo albums on Blurb.
3) De-clutter a few times during the year.  Thoroughly purge rooms/garage.
4) Host several dinners for friends.  Especially BBQ's in the summer.  (I got a bunch of hosting things for Christmas because after last year I realized I didn't have platters etc to host meals.)
5) Read 50 books.  It's been a couple of years since I've reached this goal so I'm going to make an effort this year.
6) Try a new recipe a month. I think this is a good one, gives us variety in our diet.  Plus I really need to learn how to make a good appetizer or side dish.  Whenever there is a potluck I fail on this dish.

What I actually did:
1) Ran 565.18 miles.  Not the 700 I intended.  I was on track until end of October when I sprained my back and basically couldn't run/work out for November and December.  :(
2) Completed no books on Blurb.
3) Was pretty good with decluttering, still have some more work but I have purged a ton of baby stuff.
4) Not so many BBQ's but I did have several dinners where I was able to use my hosting dishes.
5) Only 26, wow that was pretty dismal.  I didn't read very many good books last year so I tend to drag when I'm not interested.
6) This one was just alright.  I wasn't consistent each month but I do have a few new recipes under my belt.
No appetizer though. :(


Now for my 2014 Resolutions:
I make my resolutions like goals.  Things I'd like to accomplish over the next year.  If I don't accomplish them it's not like I beat myself up over it.
1) 700 miles run
2) Do 3 Olympic Distance Triathlons
3) Read 30 books (Down from 50 since having kid #3 I haven't reached that number.)
4) Get kitchen remodel done!
5) Read at least 1 book a month off my bookshelf.  I'm notorious for checking books out from the library or on my kindle.

What I've done so far:
1) Ran 158 miles
2) Need to work on this, should actually sign up for my races.  I've scoped them out for May/June/August
3) I've read 4 books so far.
4) Need to start calling contractors!

No comments: