Thursday, March 27, 2014

Half Ironman, 70.3

I stare at the title of my post and wonder do I dare post this?
Last year a friend of mine completed her first half ironman.  She texted me immediately after and said "You HAVE to do this!"  I also ran into a woman at my son's preschool who was training for her first half ironman and after she completed it she told me "You HAVE to do one!".  Fall last year was filled with several injuries as well as work so I knew 2014 wouldn't be the year for me to do one.  Did I even want to do one?  1.2 mile swim (not bad, not worried about that) 56-mile bike, totally doable, 13.1 mile run (I do a few a year so I can do that.).  Put them altogether and do it in one day?  I don't know.  I can swim and bike those distances in one day, but adding a half marathon after that?!  Seems very daunting to me.
So I've decided to make 2014 about doing more Olympic distance tri's.  See if doing more triathlons inspire me to do the next jump.  So 2014, 3 triathlons.  First one in my sights.  May 18th.

No comments: