Friday, March 21, 2014

Long time...but I'm back

Wow, it's been an insanely long time since I've blogged.  I looked at the last entry date and ran through my mind all of the reasons why I haven't blogged since August last year.
Well, to summarize, I started back to work part time last June.  I love this work-life balance.  I work two days a week while the kids are in school.  If for some reason I have to miss a work day I can make it up on an evening night.  I'm back to work at a start up pharmaceutical.  I was lucky in that I was a stay at home mom for almost 2 years.  When my youngest was 15 months old I ran into an old coworker at Costco who told me they started up a company and would I be interested in coming to work for them.  (We had worked in big pharma together and during an merger their group was laid off because they no longer wanted that drug.)  I told them I'd think about it but keep me in mind.  That was November 2012.  December I sent them my resume.  January I had an "interview" and told them I loved staying at home but wanted to help them out so lets make an arrangement that works for both of us.  Didn't hear anything until May 2013, they wanted me to come in to meet with some other people and see the labs.  Lo and behold I started in June.  I'm almost a year in and I still find the work enjoyable and challenging.  I work with very smart people and our cancer drug I feel will make a difference.  So 14-17 hours a week go to my job.
What else has been taking up my time?
My other job.  I'm teaching 2 spin classes and 1 BOSU/weight training class.  There goes another 3 hours a week.
Youngest is in a co-op preschool on the days I'm not working so there goes another 4 hours a week.
I watch a little boy from my eldest's class 2 times a week after school (I swap afternoons for when I work 2 days a week.)
I'm the PTO board president for my middle/youngest's preschool.
Cancer hit my family/friends this winter which rocked our world pretty terribly.
And I'm still continuing to work out and train for numerous races throughout the year.
So if there are long gaps between posts, know that life got a little hectic for a stretch.
But hopefully I can get into the rhythm of things and check in every now and then.

No comments: