Friday, March 28, 2014

Chore Chart

I'm horrible at doing chores.  I do the bare necessity to get by.  With 3 kids, working part time, volunteering many hours and constantly training for a race I just don't have the time.  Enter chore chart.  I've read many blogs about simplifying your cleaning, do a little every day etc.  Yeah, yeah, that doesn't always work for me.  Especially when one day a week I work all day, come home leave the kids with hubby and go to my spin class that I teach.  I'm exhausted by the end of the day.  I made a chart on excel with 5-6 items.  2-3 of them I have to do every day anyways.  For example:
Monday:
1) 1 load laundry
2) Fold and put away laundry.
3) Dishes
4) Wipe counters/table/stove
5) Sweep kitchen and dining room
6) Swiffer kitchen and dining room
I put an empty box so I can check off it was done.  I put it up on the fridge so husband can see it and check off chores too when he feels inclined.  This is especially helpful when I work nights so I don't have to explain what needs to be done.  I'm on week one, hopefully this will bring some organization to my house.

No comments: