Thursday, July 1, 2010

Toddler Tricks

A couple of toddler tricks we've incorporated.

A case of the "I want that": You've probably experienced it while shopping with your toddler. They see something they want and go into all out temper tantrum mode trying to get you to buy it for them. My cousin had a recommendation for us that she used with her kids. Tell them to put it on their Xmas and/or birthday list. We've implemented that and it's been working so far for us. It's not like that I've made an actual list, except of items that are truely something I think would be a great gift. One day when we spent a good deal of time at Target I took pictures of the items which helped with her I wants.

Flash cards: We've reintroduced them. My daughter knows her alphabet so it's not like she needs them anymore. We actually took them out for baby #2 but my daughter and husband came up with a new use for them. We play guessing games with them. A person chooses a card and then they either give hints or the guessers ask questions to figure out what the picture is of. My daughter has asked some really great questions as well as came up with really great descriptions. It's been really fun playing this new game with her. Just wanted to say not to throw out those flashcards so soon.