Sunday, June 13, 2010

I've created a monster

Well, not a monster but a following.

A coworker of mine said her doc recommended more workouts. So in order to fit in a workout/work and school we decided to do lunchtime workouts. I had already been running 1-2x a week so she joined me on those runs, slowly working up her mileage. Well another coworker said she'd join us but walk instead. So now it's been an encouraging thing, we all try to go Tues and Thurs at lunch, if one of us can't make it we make sure the others go. And our group has increased in size, it now can range from 3-6 people going.

And then I found a bootcamp workout in Women's Health Magazine, you can see the details here.
We run 0.35 miles to a local park near our work, then do the workout and run 0.35 miles back. 3 of us do the workout, now grown to 4 (parttime).
The workout: Do each move in Round 1 30 sec each. Rest 10 sec between each. 1 min rest between Round 1 and 2 or 2 and 1. Do twice.

Round 1:
Squats
Pushups
Bicycle Cruches
Jumping Jacks
Regular crunches

Round 2:
Walking Lunges
Squat Jumps
Tricep dips
Standing High Knees
Mountain Climbers

We do this workout once a week and boy does it kick my butt. The first time I did it my chest hurt from pushups. Last week it was my quads. We figure we'll do this one for a month and then change it up for next month. Switch out some exercised to change things up a little.

No comments: