Friday, April 17, 2009

End of running while pregnant?

On Tuesday I went for my normal lunchtime run. 30 min on the treadmill, everything felt fine, I did run a little slower this time but not too bad. I go back to work and 2 hours later I feel really sharp pelvic pain. So bad that I had to walk really slow. The pain lasted all that night and the next morning I woke up with the same pain. I called Dr and they said it was common, they called it Round Ligament Pain but I had that early on at 16 or 18 weeks so I knew that wasn't the case. I think it was pelvic pain or Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction though my symptoms weren't that bad. My pain was only when I walked or stood. When I was sitting or laying down it was fine. On Wed night I was feeling a little better and my husband and I thought instead of cancelling my spin class that I teach I would go and go easy to see if that helps loosen the muscles. The spin class neither hurt nor helped the pain but it made me realize I just need to rest. It is now Friday and I felt a dull twinge twice today but that's it. I don't know if the running caused the pain or the bike ride I did outdoors on Sunday or whether it's the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. I'll see how this weekend goes and determine if next week I want to attempt another jog.

Running tally thus far:
235.44 miles left to go this year, 64.56 miles ran. 156.05 miles ran during pregnancy. 29 weeks, 3 days pg.

No comments: