Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5k at 28 weeks pregnant

A little over a week ago I ran a local 5k. I've been meaning to run this race but haven't gotten around to it in the 5 years I've lived in the town. I showed up Sunday morning and did race day registration. I was very impressed on how well the race was run. I was in and out of registration quickly. They even had D-Tag race chips! I didn't realize how laid back the race was and they allowed dogs and strollers. The website wasn't very explanatory or beneficial to use at all. The map they gave me was confusing so I figured I'd just follow the crowd. It wasn't a very big crowd but it was nice.
The race was great, families were running it, kids, etc. The course had it's hills, but I felt good and was able to keep up a pretty good pace. Must have been that race adrenaline. I finished with my kids and hubby cheering me on (surprise!) with a time of 35:15, 11:22 pace. :) I was very happy considering my running pace has been in the 12 min mile pace recently.
My friend ran the 10k and said it was great. They had a couple of water stops (one for the 5k) and water and snacks at the end. I'm totally excited about doing this race next year! I'm thinking 10k, double jogger and a single jogger. Gonna have to recruit hubby to run it with me.

No comments: