Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I hate about maternity clothes

I've been in maternity clothes for 3 out of 5 years...well, I may be over exaggerating. But 3 pregnancies and I have some complaints.
  • Why do pants not account for growing butt and thighs? There is elastic for your growing belly but pants are not roomy for thighs and butt.
  • Why do large pants think that I have a huge crotch? My crotch goes halfway down my thighs if I wear large pants.
  • Shirts need to get longer and roomier in the belly area throughout the pregnancy. Not having to buy larger sizes that fit your belly but not your shoulders.
  • I hate that there are only a few colors/styles of shirts. I get so bored of the 5 styles to chose from.
  • I hate that maternity pants don't have pockets or belt loops.
This is all I can think of right now but I'm sure I'll come up with some more.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

How about the fake zipper/button flap that gapes open so you look like your fly is down? I dealt with that one for a while, especially when the pants started to stretch (because, like you said, they're not big enough for the growing booty). I mean, really... why does it need a flap there if there is no zipper?