Monday, March 29, 2010

Body Glide

You know where you didn't apply body glide as soon as you hop into a shower after a long run. Ouch!
This weekend I went out for a solo 11 mile run and I impressed myself, it took me two days to get the motivation to run. I skipped Saturday and went for Sunday. And the best part, for the first 6.65 miles I averaged 10 min miles, at 6.65 I saw my average go to 10:01. So sad, but impressive how far I've come. At this rate I'm up for a 2:14 half marathon. Next week I have a 12 mile run and then the race the weekend after. I'm trying for a PR (under 2:08), hopefully a sub-2 hour, and my idea is to build up the mileage so that come race day I'll be prepared for the endurance of it. I'm also hoping adrenaline will help me on race day get a little more speed. I have been doing one sorta speed workout a week. I've taken it easy because I don't want to hurt my knee like last time. So instead, each week on the treadmill I raise my speed up 0.1 MPH. I'm up to 6.6 miles per hour.

No comments: