Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Exercise and pregnancy

I'm a promoter of keeping up with your workouts while pg. (Note: Remember to talk with your dr first especially if you're having complications with your pg.) My first pg I worked out 5-6 days a week all the way up to the day before I delivered. This pg I'm trying the same thing. I teach spin classes twice a week and I'm trying to run 3-5 days a week.

My goal this year for running is to reach 500 miles. As of today I'm at 468.87 miles, I have 31.13 miles to run by Dec. 31st to meet my goal. I've set up a plan to reach the goal excluding major holidays. I'll post on Dec. 31st if I made it.

That said, my cardio endurance has reduced drastically and rather quickly. It was almost as if I found out I was pg and all endurance went down the drain. My running slowed to 1-1.5 min/mile slower. I don't go for longer than 3 mile runs. It's sad but at least I'm still moving.

I think all the working out has paid off. As of a couple of days ago I've only gained 4lbs so far in this pg and I'm still wearing my regular clothes. Granted the pants I used to wear with belts I don't have to wear belts with but it's still non-maternity. I'm hoping to hold out till 2nd trimester for maternity clothes. And since I only have 4 more days till 2nd tri I think I'm doing good.

No comments: