Sunday, September 23, 2012

2012 Resolutions

The Resolutions: 
January 2012
1) Cook a new recipe once a month. (And post them here if I like it.)
2) Run 500 miles. I have already signed up for 2 half marathons (One in April and one in May)
3) Lose the 7-8 lbs I'm still carrying of baby weight.
4) Try new classes. Look for groupons or deals to experiment with different fitness classes in my area. I've already started a boot camp class that I bought on groupon.
5) Read 50 books. (I'm on book two right now.)
6) Host several dinners for my friends, especially the ones I haven't seen in ages.

What I've accomplished so far:  As of June 2012
1) I have attempted a few new recipes...I will have to post them here.
2) I'm up to 300 miles ran this year. :)
3) I have lost all of the baby weight!!  A couple of months ago I accomplished this one!
4) Other than the boot camp class I haven't tried another fitness class or other class.
5) I"m only on book 15, gotta speed up my reading.
6) I've had 2 dinner parties so far, well big dinner parties.  

Now as of September 2012
1) New recipe trying sort of dwindled as well as me posting them.  I have been reading magazines and ripping recipes out but those have just ended up in a pile in my kitchen.
2) I'm up to 454.48 miles...and I have a 10k coming up this Friday, a half marathon in 3 weeks, definitely will accomplish this goal.
3) In June I ate something that threw my stomach out of whack where I ended up eating only bread and water for 3-4 days and ended up losing 4 more pounds.  I thought it would come back and I'd be back to my pre-baby weight, but 3 months and it's still stayed off despite not changing anything in my diet or exercise.  So I'm now down to my college days weight, the college days when I wasn't in training/athletic mode.  When I was in college/early 20's and working out a lot for a race, I always gained a few pounds.  I'm hoping I keep it off.  :)
4) I attended a local Adventure Run at Road Runner Sports in my town.  Does that count?  It was something new.  I really enjoyed it and hope to do a few more this year.  I'm working with my boss at the YMCA to attend a training or two on some new classes for me to teach.  We'll see what I get into.
5) I'm up to book 30.  I gotta really cram to reach this goal.
6) I've had a few more dinner parties, not as much as I'd like, so I'd better start setting up some more.  Off to send some emails...

No comments: