Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another 1/2 Marathon under my belt

In the time that I haven't been blogging I've added another 1/2 marathon to my list. I ran the Kaiser 1/2 marathon. I was on schedule for a fast race but 4 weeks before the race I hurt my knee on a 9.5 mile run. The weird thing was that my knee didn't hurt until the day after the run. So I took 3 weeks off, ran a 7 mile run the week before the race and did it. I did shave off 2.5 min from my SJ 1/2 in October but it's not near my under 2 hour goal. I'm signed up for another 1/2 in April and I'm slowly ramping up my speed again.
The cool thing about the race, other than knowing several people running it. I ran into a neighbor who I didn't realize was a runner. She's a mom of two similar in age to my kids and we exchanged phone numbers to perhaps run together sometime.

No comments: